A vasectomy is an effective and permanent way to prevent pregnancy. It’s best for men who are certain they don’t want children. A vasectomy doesn’t have any lasting effects on sexual activity or performance.
Vasectomies are easier and less expensive than female sterilization. Vasectomy is a minor surgery to disconnect on the way of sperm from reaching the semen that is ejaculated from the penile; yet, there is will be no sperm in semen. It is a very safe surgery that gives less than 0.02-0.2% of chances to have fertility other than any methods of contraception.
There is any longer to cause either prostate cancer or testicular dysfunction that leads to sexual intercourse. And there still maintains a sufficient amount of sperms after the surgery. But it could be less than 50% of chance to have a pregnancy due to degeneration of sperm as time goes, so reconstruction operation may be required within 4-5 years after the beginning of Vasectomy surgery as far as pregnant is necessity again.
- A vasectomy is an effective and permanent way to prevent pregnancy
- It’s best for men who are certain they don’t want children
- A vasectomy doesn’t have any lasting effects on sexual activity or performance
- Vasectomies are easier and less expensive than female sterilization
1. Pre-consultation (With a staff who speaks English)
- Checking medical history
- Used medication
- Health status
- Evaluate the patient’s condition while assessing the response to treatment
2. Consultation (With a doctor)
5. After Care
- Necessarily to visit our clinic a few times before heading back
- Providing a month worth of after-kits (free of charge)
- Prescribed medication will be purchased by the patient (It’s not included in the surgery price)
1. Using local anesthesia on the scrotum to boost the vas function. (It is quickly done by local anesthesia, no sleeping sedation is required)
2. Making a hole in the skin that blocks the way for the vas and tightening up and cutting off afterward
3. There is no requirement for removing the stitches
4. It only requires 1 more visit for follow-up care. You can immediately go back to daily activities
Cutting the Vas Deferens – But once again, if a vasectomy is not done, there can be a higher chance of pregnancy even if you use contraception like condoms, hormone treatment, and every surgery for female infertility.
It’s a surgery that has a simple process, which takes only 15-20 minutes. There is no requirement for removing the stitches It is quickly done by local anesthesia, no sleeping sedation is required (for whom can handle pain, but sleep sedation recommended). It only requires 1 more visit for follow-up care. You can immediately go back to daily activities.
Vasectomy Reversal is required for patients, who had vasectomy previously, to rejoin the vas deferens (sperm-carrying tubes) that were caught or blocked. Therefore, it is a precise procedure that does not work 100% all the time. The rate of success is low if a patient has done vasectomy procedure previously over 10 years ago. But if several years ago, then it will have a higher success rate. Basically, the shorter the period, the higher the success rate it is. Because of the more time that has passed due to a vasectomy, the more scar tissue in the vas will have developed so it would be hard to carry sperm to your penis.
Years that have been After Vasectomy
Within 3 years
Within 3 -8 years
Within 9 – 14 years
Within 15 – 19 years
After 20 years
less than 10%
Pregnancy rates also depend on the fertility of the female partner and tend to be lower if she is over 40. So that would still not lead to happen after a vasectomy reversal, even when sperm in semen passes through.
1. Sleep anesthesia injection apply
2. After about 1 to 2 cm incision of the scrotum
3. Urologist finds a part of the previous vasectomy (part of the vasectomy)
4. Connect the vas deferens under a microscope
5. Time is 30-40 minutes per side. It takes about roughly one hour total
6. After about 1 month, we will check the sperm in the semen
There is no requirement for removing the stitches It is quickly done by local anesthesia, no sleeping sedation is required (for whom can handle pain, but sleep sedation recommended). It only requires 1 more visit for follow-up care. You can immediately go back to daily activities.
- To learn about our clinic, click here
- To learn about our qualified urologists, click here
- To learn more about our clinic's qualification,click here
To learn more about vasectomy procedure for men, we would recommend you to read more of 3rd party articles. For instance, read more about Vasectomy, click here